Saturday, May 1, 2010

ETERNAL SLEEP WE LIE

SEARCHING

The frost of this evening
arranges lace brocade
ice crystals in my window.

The moonlight dances
a ballet of shadows
across my bedroom walls.

My cold, naked body becomes
smaller and smaller as my
soul drifts slowly aloft.

I'm a midnight traveler, sneaking
out on some celestial trip across
space and time.

Reaching for an answer that rests
beyond the horizon, farther than
vision allows.

DISCOVERY

I look for you in the hills, spot
an inviting glade surrounded by
trees bathed in gold.

I find your golden body
in bright rays of sunlight,
pink lips softly parted.

You lie in a sea of green,
stretching long limbs
and flexing sleek muscles.

Nature becomes you in sleep,
as a soft breeze sweeps
through your bronze hair.

You stir ever so slightly
as my soul settles slowly down
to nestle in your arms.